Monday, April 18, 2016

April 12, 2016



Lance took this in Priests' Quorum this past Sunday:)

    

Elly turned 18 months old!  She misses her Mark O!!!

Mark Owen Vickers

Apr 11 (1 day ago)
to meSpencer
Mom!

Yes, the weeks seem to be flying by. Apparently the first 3 months of your mission are supposed to be the longest. I don't know if that's true for me yet. I know Elder Spencer Vickers can probably attest that as a missionary when you are busy(anxiously engaged) it goes by that much faster. 

Did we want to try to coordinate a time when Spencer and I can Skype at the same time in a group session? May be hard but not impossible. We'll have to see what guidelines our Mission Presidents have for contact home that day. :)

Where did Elly come up with Bobbie and Didi? haha

Did you take the picture of the pear tree?

Wish I could have been there for that special day.

I will be sure to send Lance a happy b-day. Does he have any plans yet?

Can't believe Kirk is getting married! At this rate I'll be last :P


Mark Owen Vickers

Apr 11 (1 day ago)
to meSpencer
Chickens! I have seen so many chickens in this area already. There are places where they just roam free. In fact there is this one street where they climb 20-30 feet into the air. It's nuts. 

On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 9:08 AM, DEANNE VICKERS <deannevick@gmail.com> wrote:


   


   





DEANNE VICKERS deannevick@gmail.com

Apr 11 (1 day ago)
to Mark
How's my boy? We miss you so much!! How is your investigator pool coming along in the new area? Tell us about your companion. What is he like? Do you guys get along pretty good? What is the new ward like? Do they split with you guys? Are they feeding you guys O.K? Love that you took your bike to the new area. It looks like it fits you pretty well How much are you weighing now?

Mark Owen Vickers

Apr 11 (1 day ago)
to me
Hey dad!

I miss you all too. Seeing the pictures of our house there in Utah really make me miss it as "home" It's weird how you don't really appreciate a place until you leave it. 

Our pool is doing pretty well. In this new area(Magnolia 1st), which we just got to this last week, we are 
currently teaching Josh, Billy Toby, Sandy, and Jackie. Josh has a baptismal date which is awesome 
but that may need to get moved. Sandy is super prepared for the Gospel and has several member friends. 

I had to get a new inner-tube for the bike. I hope it's just the tube and not the tread. :)  I am now weighing 
about 254 which is great but none of my clothes really fit. I think I'm going to try to wait until at least the
 1 year mark to start trading out clothing. Luckily several pairs of the pants I bought before coming out 
were super cheap so not a huge loss. It's a good problem to have. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment