Monday, March 7, 2016

Three Months Out!!!


Mark Owen Vickers

11:06 AM (3 hours ago)
to bcc: me
Hey Ya'll,
So this week was one the hardest and best of my mission thus far. Early on in the week starting on Monday I became sick with a head cold/upper respiratory virus that I'm still trying to get over. Feeling much better at the moment so no need to worry. :) Because I was sick both Elder Roper and I had to stay in the apartment for most of that time. Missions go by quite a bit slower when you're not "anxiously engaged." I look forward to working harder in the upcoming weeks.
Transfers are this week! Elder Roper and I learned last night that we will both be leaving the Spring Creek area. The ward/congregation is super sad to see us go but our mission president will be sure to get them some great missionaries. We won't here where exactly we are headed until Tuesday of this week when we meet all together at a Stake Center off of Hafer Rd.
Last but not least the Ulloa family were baptized this week! What an amazing privilege it was for us to help teach them and be part of this process. They were baptized this past Saturday and confirmed as members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints as well as received the gift of the Holy Ghost(Acts 2:38) yesterday during church. The feeling of peace that we all felt as they were baptized and confirmed cannot be put into words. We'll be sad to be leaving them but we get to have dinner in their home this evening so that will be great. We should also be able to come back to attend their temple sealing as an eternal family in the Houston Temple next year!
Love you all,




  

              

Mark Owen Vickers

11:36 AM (2 hours ago)
to me
No that would have been cool but they advise families to be baptized and then receive the Priesthood. They did get sustained and ordained yesterday though. :) Brother Ulloa is now a priest and he stood in the circle to ordain his son to the office of a teacher.

Sent from my iPad


Pictures of our zone before transfers


Inbox
x

Mark Owen Vickers

Attachments11:30 AM (2 hours ago)
to mevickers46
I'm hiding. ;)






    

No comments:

Post a Comment