Monday, March 21, 2016

First Move in The Mission Field March 21, 2016






     Dad caught the "biggest" fish!  March 19 2016

Mark Owen Vickers

11:46 AM (8 hours ago)
to meSpencer
Nice! Go dad!  How did they like the reservoir compared to other places we've gone before? Better, same, worse?






DEANNE VICKERS deannevick@gmail.com

Attachments9:39 PM (22 hours ago)
to MarkSpencer
Mark O.  Here's my message from Brother Galbraith:  

 "So I just saw your son at church yesterday working on Family History. I failed to take a picture (sorry!) It was funny. I was mentioning to the Family History leaders thatbi had just returned from Prague the Czech Republic and you son whipped his head around and said "Czech Republic? My brother is there as a missionary! I looked at his name tag and said oh yeah, here's a picture of him and with one click on Facebook I showed him the picture you posted on the "roll call". What a small world!


Below is a picture of Elly at Spanish Fork Resovoir, March 19, 2016 celebrating BABA, (Grandpa), and NiNI, (Grandma's) wedding anniversary.




Elly is 17 mths
She can sing the Barney song
Spence daily Herald:)
Elly ion our drive to Spanish Fork reservoir...Laura said stinker stinker.   Elly says,  "dada?"



Did Lance know you were taking the first few pictures? Haha. Looking good though. Is he doing food prep for them or like cashier stuff?
   

Ha ha!!!  He just got home from work that night about 11 pm.  I think he makes the pizzas:)   btw. He just asked a girl to prom.  I'll have to have him tell you about it:)


 

I love how you and Elly have matching hats. Haha

DEANNE VICKERS deannevick@gmail.com

11:53 AM (8 hours ago)
to Mark
Hi Toade,

Just got out of Dialysis. How have you been? I am so thrilled for you that you are already a trainer!!! I know that the Lord has so many blessings and miracles for you as you are strictly obedient. I have been so blessed by your service, as well as the ward and the rest of the family.

How do you like your new area and your trainee? I think mom has told you all about our anniversary fishing trip to the Spanish Fork pond. Skylar caught two fish and Bryan and I each caught one. About the size of Tibble Fork.

I am more in Love with your mom each day. I can't believe it's been 29 years since she became my eternal companion. If you get one near as good you will be very lucky!!!

I love you and hope you have a wonderful week.

Love Eternally,

Dad



Mark Owen Vickers

12:23 PM (7 hours ago)
to me
Hey Dad!

I am going great! Loving the opportunity to serve the Lord. The new area is so different. It's interesting how the Church is both the same everywhere you go and also so different. We are over the Glen Loch family ward and the Sam Houston YSA ward. 

Being a trainer is crazy. So much responsibility. President Mortensen really helped me understand the significance as he talked about how this time would be a "foundation for the rest of these missionaries lives," as he addressed us trainers the day we met our trainees. 

Congrats on 29 years! 

Love you so much!



Mark Owen Vickers

12:13 PM (8 hours ago)
to bcc: me
Howdy Ya'll,

What a week! I know I say that almost every week but this one was really full.

Monday: We moved from our Spring Creek apartment which took most of the day. One way was about 20 minutes and we made about 4 trips. We had Elder Alder and Elder Pablo there to help us along with Elder Nielsen who is the apartment coordinator for the mission. He drove a 15 passenger van and a trailer about 10 feet long. We moved a couch, both our beds, all of our clothes, all the pots and pans, about 100 lbs worth of books, a book shelf among other misc items. 

Tuesday: We finished moving the rest of our things and did some contacting. 

We continue to teach F******.     He is great and while I have been typing this email he called me and said his sister in Africa would like to learn more about the church! I can't tell you how much joy this Gospel has brought to my life and the opportunity I have to share it with others is the best! 

Elder McDonald is doing great. He is very teachable and a great missionary. We are continuing to work on combining our teaching styles into one conducive style that brings the Spirit into our lessons. We found 4 new people to teach this week which is pretty awesome. 

We have started to teach a woman named M*** who we actually had an appointment with this morning that went pretty well. She has great faith and is very open to everything we have to teach her. 

If you have not already had the chance check out the Church's Easter videos:

Love you all. Have a great Easter!




DEANNE VICKERS deannevick@gmail.com

11:40 AM (8 hours ago)
to MarkSpencer
My grandpa, (your greatgrandfathers) mission journal and made copies for anyone who wanted it.  
They said he got arrested in New York on his mission cuz they thought he was a German Spy:)   I might've already 3rd you that

No comments:

Post a Comment