Monday, April 10, 2017

April 3, 2017

Mark Owen Vickers

Apr 3 (7 days ago)
to meLaura
Hi!

So this transfer has been a bit of a whirlwind. At the beginning of the transfer the Houston North English Zone and the Houston North Spanish Zone became one Zone; the Houston North Zone. I became district leader over 4 other Spanish companionships. On Saturday I received a call from President letting me know that I had been called as a Zone Leader. The companionship with the other English Zone Leader was transferred to the Katy area. And then the whole zone was shuffled around. Pretty crazy week, however Elder Yost and I get along really well. He is a nerd just like me! :) We have many of the same interests and pretty similar personalities. 

Love you! 



  


    

     

Mark Owen Vickers

Apr 3 (7 days ago)
to me, bcc: me
Hi Everyone!

We had a great week here in Melbourne. My new companion is Elder Yost. He hails from Kamus, Utah. He is a great missionary and an awesome example to me. He returns home in roughly 3 months. If we are kept together for those 3 months then I will stay in the area at least another transfer which would make 6 months in Melbourne. Woot! The work is going really well. We are constantly finding more people to teach and I love seeing their face when the Spirit teaches them some truth. It may not even have anything to do with what I or my companion just shared. Some might wonder, "does it ever get old?" I answer, No! Seeing the gospel change people's lives is worth every sacrifice; big or small. We continue to teach a couple, Chris and Bree. They are really starting to grab hold of the gospel. Chris especially really enjoys the Book of Mormon and how it testifies of Jesus Christ and His mission here on earth. I love the truths we learn about the Savior in this book. 

All the best,

DEANNE VICKERS deannevick@gmail.com

Apr 3 (7 days ago)
to Mark
  Hey toad glad to get your update hope everything is going well for you.or It will be fun when you get home will be able to go up to Kamus and maybe do some fishing with him that's where Grandpa and I used to fish when I was younger. Pretty neat about Grandpa getting rebaptized last night things I guess went really well. I spoke with mom a bit earlier and they're almost back to Denver so they should make it back in tomorrow. I hope everything is going well for you I sure miss and love you so much. 

Love always,

Dad






Spencer Vickers

Apr 3 (7 days ago)
to me
Aha.. it makes a lot more sense why you were driving through kansas now.. ;) How was grandpa's baptism??

We are going to watch conference next week with all the members. However, since Elder Petersen is new, we are still going to watch it in English.

DEANNE VICKERS deannevick@gmail.com

5:44 PM (1 hour ago)
to SpencerMark
the baptism was so sweet.  To think of how Heaven is constantly working and bringing all the puzzle pieces together for each one of us.

Dad started going back to church a few years ago.  Then he got KBYU tv.  Then one of my old friends befriended him and began setting with him at church.  Then he watched 17 miracles movie on KBYU.  It deeply touched his heart that his ancestors had suffered so much to make a good life in Zion.  He cried!  I don't know if I've ever seen my dad cry.  

Then he got a wonderful Bishop.  Bishop Hansen.  Bishop had lost a child a couple of years back.  When he and the stake president were "shepherding" dad dad shared with them how hard it was on his faith as a young father when he lost my brother David.  Bishop shared his feelings of loss and I think this really bonded he and dad.

Then Bishop and stake president felt inspired to tell dad they felt it was time for him to come back.   

I wish I could describe the day but there were just so many special tender mercies!

Also Uncle Chris had been on standby and there were no more flights so he and Jocelyn rode back from Oklahoma to Colorado with us.  We had a blast!

Elly was also an amazing passenger!  For a 2 year old what a great traveler.

Did you both get the baptism pictures?



No comments:

Post a Comment