Wednesday, December 28, 2016

November 28, 2016


Mark Owen Vickers

Nov 28
to me
Mom and Dad,

I am so sorry that I could not be there to hold you both. I am sure this was a day of mixed emotions as Grandpa Vickers passed on from this life into the eternities. I am grateful you were able to be at his side in his final days and hours. I feel the Spirit so strongly every time I read "He wanted me to tell both of you just how proud he is of your decision to serve the Lord." I hope to be able to live worthy of such adoration and love. 

I know right now is full of emotion, sorrow and joy remembering the good times. Would you mind writing down stories you remember about Grandpa and things he told you? I'd love to hear some of those. I do wish I had the chance to talk with him more. When I received the news he had passed my mind immediately went to that day shortly before I entered the MTC where we sat together with Grandpa and Uncle Bill. I am thankful for that day. 

I will do everything I can to make this final year of my mission meaningful and give all I can to the Lord!

Love you both so much!

I should have an update out shortly.



No comments:

Post a Comment