Friday, November 4, 2016

Week of October 31, 2016

Halloween in the mission field:)


Kinda dark but it works
   Ward Halloween Party






Mark Owen Vickers

Oct 31 (4 days ago)
to me
I can't remember if I replied to this email. Does this mean dad could get a transplant if a kidney is available?

Mark Owen Vickers

Oct 31 (4 days ago)
to me
Oh man that would be amazing. What steps are necessary for the transplant process?

-- Elder Mark Vickers

DEANNE VICKERS deannevick@gmail.com

Oct 31 (4 days ago)
to Mark
We need to meet with daddy's cousin and they will determine if he is an organ match if he is not an organ that she could possibly give his kidney to somebody else and they would give it to somebody else until we found a match for dad. If it's a cadaver then I think they just call us and we go ahead and get a kidney :-) I think that's what they Man and they wanted us to be on call 24.

Pretty exciting huh



Mark Owen Vickers

Oct 31 (4 days ago)
to me
Hey Family!

How is Laura doing? She is recovering well? Did she do a different costume from the Princess in the pictures?


When is the cut-off for them to hear back from schools?

How is Lance liking his job? Is he just washing them and moving cars around the lot?

Love seeing you guys having fun with Elly-bean. 

Haha I just won't go to the mission office until Christmas and they can hold on to the package so I'm not tempted to open it early.

Mark Owen Vickers

Oct 24 (12 days ago)
to me
Mi Padre!

Elder Skelton....good guy. . He just got done with training so we're working to find out our teaching styles and how to mesh those together. He is from Tooele, Utah.

The work is a bit slow here in Spring so far. We taught 14 lessons this last week which is pretty great but no new investigators which will kill us in a few months. The mentality we are running into is the "I'm good."  or "I'm content." from those we contact into. Spring has changed quite a bit in the last few years. They've added several toll roads and they go right through neighborhoods. Pretty interesting. 

I heard about the game! So awesome. How was the Boise game? 

They certainly did! Love you dad! Keep me updated on the fam.

-- Elder Mark Vickers

Mark Owen Vickers

AttachmentsOct 17
to me, bcc: me
Hey Everybody!

So I know it's been a bit since my last actual weekly update. Sorry about that. The work in Westfield was going really great and I assume it still is. I got transferred! I am now in the Spring Ward which is just about 10 minutes North on the 45. The new ward is great. There was a baptism this last weekend for a woman by the name of Randi. She is awesome. After the baptism my companion, Elder Skelton, and I went to their home to help her sons repair part of their fence that had rotted away. It's neat what skills you learn and those that come back to you that your dad tried to teach you growing up. Thanks dad!

I am really looking forward to this new ward. There are some great members here and I know the Lord is preparing more and more people all the time to hear the message of the restored Gospel. I know more had happened since my last update but I can't really remember details at the moment. Sorry!

I love all of you and hope you give it your all in whatever you do. 


No comments:

Post a Comment