Monday, August 1, 2016

Week of August 1, 2016

Blake Visser came back with his parents and took us to Texas Roadhouse



Mark Owen Vickers

3:22 PM (5 hours ago)
to me
Awesome talk. It's funny how now as I am working to overcome some of those habits from my youth how I see the prophets words were truly for me.

-- Elder Mark Vickers

On Aug 1, 2016, at 8:50 AM, Deanne Kay Vickers <deannevick@gmail.com> wrote:
Beginning of talk has funny story

Four B’s for Boys


 



Mark Owen Vickers

3:29 PM (5 hours ago)
to me
Hey Dad! 

I know right? It was so good. They had a deal on 11 ounce sirloins so pretty much the entire table had one. Love you so much padre. Keep working hard to get healthy. I know the Lord is as mindful of you as he me and spenc. 

He's really funny though and we have a good time. He is super talented when it comes to art though. He showed me some sketches that were amazing. His English is good enough to be understood, but some of his expressions are a bit off. I'll have to think of a few and send them. Haha.  All of his family are members other than his dad. He plans to fast on the way home and them teach his dad the Restoration before he is released as a missionary. He has this transfer and then one more before he goes back home. I may 'kill’ off two companions in a row. 

Love ya!

-- Elder Mark Vickers




On Aug 1, 2016, at 3:26 PM, DEANNE VICKERS <deannevick@gmail.com> wrote:

Hey Elder,

Save some of that great Texas Roadhouse for me. It does my heart so good each week to see your glowing smile. I Love you with all my heart and I am so proud of you. 


Dad




Mark Owen Vickers

Attachments4:17 PM (5 hours ago)
to me
So every night on our walk back to the apartment we pass this septic
cover and there are always 2 frogs there, without fail. I don't know
if it's the same 2 frogs or not. Haha we think they may like the
warmth after it's been in the sun all day. Not too sure....





Mark Owen Vickers

Attachments4:22 PM (5 hours ago)
to me
These lizards are everywhere in Houston. I see about 10 a day.



Mark Owen Vickers

Attachments4:24 PM (5 hours ago)
to me


So Elder Yanzon's last area included the Hennessy Factory. A member
works there.  So jealous. Some awesome cars. If you zoom in on the
truck license plate, it's a good laugh.






Mark Owen Vickers

Attachments4:21 PM (5 hours ago)
to me


Don't know if this is anything like what you used to drive dad, but it
made me think of you. :)

If you take a left at this light, onto Hafer Road, our mission office
and meetinghouse are just down the street. Our apartment complex is
also on Hafer.




Dad will appreciate this :)



Mark Owen Vickers

Attachments4:27 PM (5 hours ago)
to me
This family couldn't feed us so instead they made dinner to go. Such
good people. It was Tres Leches and sweet pulled pork


Awesome members

Abdullah's awesome bird. Speaks and everything




Another rainy day in Texas






 

Monday, August 1, 2016

A Summer to Remember


 To the Missionaries of the Great Texas Houston Mission,

The prophets have taught that we are living the fulfillment of the Lord's statement that "I will hasten my work in its time" (D&C 88:73). Elders and Sisters, we are witnessing the fulfillment of those words. There have been more convert baptisms in June and July than any consecutive two month period in the history of the Texas Houston Mission! The Lord is truly hastening His work. We marvel at the wonderful people who have been prepared and we are grateful for each of your efforts to qualify in such a way as to allow the Lord to permit us all to participate in this great harvest of souls. We are mindful that some of you aren't seeing the results that you would like, but we assure you that the blessings we are seeing are only coming because of increased collective faith and collective obedience. No effort is wasted. No one has been forgotten.

The great blessing the Lord promises to the laborers in His vineyard is found in D&C 88:75. It reads:

74 And I give unto you, who are the first laborers in this last kingdom, a commandment that you assemble yourselves together, and organize yourselves, and prepare yourselves, and sanctify yourselves; yea, purify your hearts, and cleanse your hands and your feet before me, that I may make you clean;

75 That I may testify unto your Father, and your God, and my God, that you are clean from the blood of this wicked generation; that I may fulfill this promise, this great and last promise, which I have made unto you, when I will.

There are no greater promises we can receive than to be made clean and therefore inherit eternal life. The path to "preparing" ourselves is simply by living the way He would have us live and being who He would have us be. As we recommit ourselves to be as obedient as the Lord has asked and then labor in faith, we will see even greater blessings come to our families and to the lives of those we teach.

God lives. We love Him and we love you! There is no greater work on the earth. We are humbled to be able to share this time with you. God bless you all for your valiant service!

Love,

President and Sister Mortensen

We attended District Meeting in the Klein Oak District last Friday. It was great to be with them and learn from each other and from the spirit. We were inspired by the hard work and miracles that are happening. 



No comments:

Post a Comment